Can I watch the livestream on my TV or mobile?
You may be able to watch the livestream on your TV if you have Chromecast, Apple TV with mirroring capability, a smart TV with an inbuilt browser, or by plugging your laptop or mobile device into your TV using a HDMI cable. You can also watch on your mobile using a mobile web browser.
What if my livestream isn't working?
The quality of your livestream is largely dependent on your internet download speed or your mobile internet provider. This will be impacted by a multitude of factors such as the time of day, your physical location and your streaming device. If your livestream isn’t working, please try the following steps:
• Refresh your browser, or you may need to update your browser to the most recent version.
• Close all unnecessary applications and tabs which may be running on your computer or device.
• Check your internet speed. You will need around 10 – 15mbps (megabits per second) to receive a clear unblurred picture. Please remember that if you are sharing Wi-Fi with another user in the household, any other internet activity will also affect this (e.g. using Netflix or online gaming). To keep the picture clear, it is preferable to only have your streaming device running whilst you watch and turn everything else off. If after all this you still have low mbps, you may need to contact your internet provider to upgrade to faster speeds.
• Try to keep your device as close to your modem as possible. If the device is far from the modem, it may slow the connection speed. For example, if your modem is on the ground floor of your house and you try to watch your device from upstairs in your bedroom, the Wi-Fi signal will have to pass through walls, which may impair the speed. If watching from a phone or computer using its own data such as 4G, this is often not as strong, fast, or reliable as Wi-Fi and you may have issues with buffering and picture quality.
• Check that your internet provider has not scheduled maintenance on that day.
• Check your data limit. If you have passed your data limit, streaming will become very slow and may even stop. If so, contact your internet provider to add more data.
• Try restarting your modem, router and streaming device. Try turning everything off and waiting 30 seconds and turning it on again.
How do I turn on closed captioning?
To turn on and off closed captioning please click the CC button in the play bar. Please note closed captioning is only available for selected performances.
How do I watch the livestream in full screen?
For the best viewing experience, select the button in the bottom right-hand corner of the play bar to watch in full screen.
I can't hear any sound in this video, or is it too quiet?
Make sure that any speakers you are using to view the performance are connected, or that your device’s volume is not on silent, and is set to a suitable volume. In addition, check that the player’s volume is set to 100%. Hover over the volume button and slide the volume bar to the right until all five bars are blue and it looks like this.