SYDNEY FESTIVAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The sale of tickets for and attendance at a Sydney Festival Event are subject to these General Terms and Conditions as well as any others notified at the time of ticket sales.
By acquiring a ticket for and/or seeking to attend an Event, you agree to these General Terms and Conditions. By purchasing a ticket on behalf of anyone else, you undertake to inform them of these General Terms and Conditions and any other terms and conditions notified at the time of sale.
We are a member of Live Performance Australia. We issue tickets to Events and liaise with consumers in accordance with the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice. Please note:
- Tickets cannot be refunded after purchase except as outlined in the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.
- Concession tickets are available for the following: full-time students, pensioners, Seniors Card holders, children 16 years and under, unemployed. Proof of concession must be produced at the events to obtain the concession or child price. Concessions are only available where indicated and may be subject to availability.
- Tickets are sold on behalf of the organisation responsible for presenting the performance and subject to terms and conditions applicable to that performance and/or the venue where performed. This includes any Department of Health or other Government Department COVID-19 entry procedures.
- Unless otherwise stated, ticket prices include booking fees and GST where applicable. A transaction charge may apply at point of sale.
- All print-at-home tickets will be emailed 24 hours prior to the performance date.
- The original purchaser of a ticket is entitled to a refund if the relevant Event is cancelled or rescheduled before the Event, is significantly relocated, or if we are unable to provide you with the Event in question.
- Any refund payable for a ticket will be made to the original purchaser of that ticket.
- We may, in our sole discretion, exchange your tickets between performances for certain productions. Only tickets for future performances are eligible for exchange and seat placement may differ. A fee and other conditions may also apply. Exchange requests must be made at least 72hrs prior to the performance.
- Sydney Festival is a registered COVIDsafe organisation. In the event that the Department of Health or other Government Department makes a formal request, we may be required to disclose your personal information for contact tracing purposes. By purchasing your ticket, you are providing us with your permission to do so.
- Sydney Festival has the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
- We may alter the price of tickets on sale in response to varying levels of consumer demand. Such alterations do not affect the Terms and Conditions applying to tickets purchased before the price change and do not entitle you to claim a refund on your ticket price or the difference between your ticket price and the newly adjusted ticket price
- Reserved seating guarantees the purchaser a reserved seat. We may vary seating arrangements. Despite any seat number on your ticket, we do not guarantee you any particular seat. If we need to allocate a different seat to you for operational reasons, including a change of venue, we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that it is in a location of comparable value to the seat number on your ticket. Patrons may not move between seats unless directed by staff.
- Program details are correct at time of printing but are subject to change where necessary and without notice.
- General Admission tickets do not have allocated seating and cannot be replaced if lost, damaged or stolen.
- Latecomers will not be given access to the auditorium unless there is a convenient break in the performance, and for certain events may not be admitted at all.
- The use of cameras and other recording devices constitutes a breach of copyright and is strictly prohibited. Mobile phones, pagers, etc. must be turned off before entry into the auditorium.
- Only tickets purchased by authorised agencies should be considered reliable.
- If you purchase tickets from Viagogo, eBay, Gumtree or any other unauthorised reseller you risk these tickets being fake or void. A list of authorised agencies is listed on each event page under 'Tickets & Pricing'.
- Sydney Festival presents artists and productions on the basis of merit and excellence. Any political affiliations or views expressed by artists or companies participating in, or sponsoring Sydney Festival are not necessarily representative of those of Sydney Festival or its staff.
- Sydney Festival is bound by the National Privacy principles under the Privacy Act 1988. Sydney Festival holds personal information for the purposes of sending information about Sydney Festival events and other arts events.
- If you are participating in or viewing an event that is livestreamed you consent to the Organiser taking photographs or audio/visual recordings of you throughout your participation/viewing of the Event and agree that the Organiser may use the photos or recordings for livestreams, and future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to you. In providing your consent, you release and discharge the Organiser, its staff and its agents from any and all loss, damage, expense or claims that you may suffer or incur by the Organiser’s use of the photographs and recordings and/or the content of the same photographs and recordings.
- We reserve the right to record, broadcast and/or telecast any Event at Sydney Festival and you consent to the use of any image or recording taken of you, and anyone for whom you are responsible, while on the premises. We are not obliged to use, broadcast or provide to you any such recording.
Special Conditions relating to COVID-19
- Please stay at home if you are unwell or pose a risk to others. If you are displaying any of the COVID-19 symptoms as identified by NSW Health (such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sneezing), you may be refused entry to minimise the risk to others.
- If a ticket holder can no longer attend an Event to the circumstances referred to in 1) above, please contact our Customers Service team on ticketing[at]sydneyfestival.org.au no later than 5 hours before the scheduled start of the Event in order to enquire about flexible ticket options. These options are available for all ticket holders but can only be exercised by the person who has made the booking.
- We reserve the right to request further information regarding the circumstances in 1) which apply to the affected ticket holder.
- You can exchange the ticket for a different performance of the same production, subject to availability. You can exchange into a ticket of the same price or higher, additional charges may apply.
- If a ticket exchange is not available, we may issue you with a credit note for the full value of your ticket to be used for future purchases at the 2024 Festival.
- By donating to Sydney Festival, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions, including our refund and cancellation policy.
- We issue a printed receipt with a copy of the payment information received from our bank for each donation. Donations of $2 and more are tax deductible.
- A refund may be available if you make an error in your donation. Any refunds will be made by credit to the card used for the original purchase or donation. If you make an error please contact us as soon as possible at philanthropy[at]sydnefestival.org.au Donations cannot be cancelled if we have already notified a third party of its receipt.
Sydney Festival may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time and will post variations on sydneyfestival.org.au. By making a purchase from Sydney Festival Limited after the Terms and Conditions have been varied, you agree to be bound by the variation.
Sydney Festival is bound by the National Privacy principles under the Privacy Act 1988. Sydney Festival holds personal information for the purposes of sending information about Sydney Festival events and other arts events.