The University of Sydney
The University of Sydney is Australia's first tertiary education institution. In 2011, Sydney Festival will host events in The University of Sydney's Quadrangle, Great Hall and Nicholson Museum.
The Quadrangle is located on University Place, on the north-eastern side of the campus, near the Parramatta Road main entrance.
The Great Hall is located at the northern entrance of The Quadrangle.
The Nicholson Museum is located at The Quadrangle's southern entrance.
The University of Sydney Quadrangle, The Great Hall and Nicholson Museum are all wheelchair accessible.
Train - the closest train station is Redfern. It is a 10 minute walk to the main campus. Free buses run to and from Fisher Library and Redfern station in the evening during semester.
Bus - for stops on Parramatta Road (closest to the Quadrangle, Great Hall and Nicholson Museum) catch routes 412, 413, 435, 436, 437, 438, 440, 461, 480 from George Street or Railway Square. For stops on City Road (closest to Darlington Campus) catch routes 422, 423, 426, 428 from Castlereagh Street or Railway Square. Route 370 runs between Coogee and Leichhardt. Alight on City Rd for Sydney University. Route 352 runs between Bondi Junction and Marrickville. Alight on City Rd for Sydney University.
People wanting to park in the University, who do not have a permit, may do so by obtaining a ticket from the Pay and Display machines located around the campus.
Further event information for A Night at the Quad
• No pegging into the ground or reserving unattended areas
• No high chairs or beach umbrellas
• No plastic sheeting or ice on the grass as this kills the lawn
• Performances may be deferred in extreme weather conditions.
DISABLED PARKING & ACCESS:
• Two (2) disable parking spaces are located on the South side of the Quad in University Place accessible via Barff Road (off City Road) entrance to USYD Campus.
• Two (2) disable parking spaces are located on the North side of the Quad in Science Road accessible via Ross Street entrance to USYD Campus.
• A drop zone is located north of the Main Entrance to the Quad on University Place - please see Sydney Festival staff for assistance.
• A accessible viewing platform is available in the Main Quadrangle, please see Sydney Festival staff for access.
FREE PARKING FOR PATRONS
• The USYD Law Building carpark offers free parking to Quad patrons from 6pm each night
• The carpark is accessible via Barff Road.
• Barff Road is accessible via the University Avenue entrance to USYD Campus (off Parramatta Road) or the Barff Road entrance to USYD Campus (off City Road).
• The Main Quadrangle is a short 5 minute walk from the Law Building Carpark.
• The Main Quadrangle is a licensed venue.
• BYO Alcohol will not be permitted onsite.
• Bag Check and Over 18s wristbanding.
Chair hire is available onsite.
Events at The University of Sydney
Exposed: Photography & the Classical Nude
Festival World Cafe