ACCESS & TRANSPORT
- The venue will be closed when it reaches capacity: Gates open at 12pm, get there early.
- Leave the car at home: Parramatta Park will be closed to cars on January 16.
- The RTA web page for the A.R. Rahman concert in Parramatta Park can be viewed here. There will be maps showing road closures, clearways, and walking routes from Parramatta railway station to the Park closer to the event. For further details visit rta.nsw.gov.au or call 132 701.
- CityRail is operating to a weekend timetable with additional direct Western Line services to get you to and from the concert.
- Large numbers of people are expected to attend this event. Plan your trip, purchase a return ticket, travel early and please note the following transport destination messages to ensure you arrive at the concert in time.
- Atendees travelling from the City, and east of Parramatta should travel to Parramatta Station, then walk to Parramatta Park. Entry to the park is on the corner of Macquarie and Pitt streets.
- Trains to Parramatta operate all day with direct services departing Central Station departing 4pm and stopping at Redfern, Strathfield, Lidcombe, Granville, Harris Park and Parramatta only. The direct services do not stop at Westmead – you must alight at Parramatta and follow the signs to Parramatta Park.
- Customers travelling from west of Parramatta should travel to Westmead Station, then walk to Parramatta Park (approx 15 minute walk). Entry to the park is on Park Avenue. Trains to Westmead operate all day with direct services departing Blacktown Station from 4pm, stopping all stations to Westmead.
- Sydney Ferries services will operate to a regular Saturday timetable.
- To plan your trip visit 131500.com.au and click on trip planner, or phone Transport Info on 131500.
- Limited spaces will be available for RTA Mobility Parking Scheme Permit Holders and must be booked before the event on 02 8833 5000.
- Expect long delays when leaving the park. Please be patient and look out for one another.
- Note: It is an offence to drink alcohol on public transport. Intoxicated people will not be permitted to travel on CityRail trains, Sydney Buses or Sydney Ferries.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- No BYO alcohol
- Bag searches at gates
- Food and beverages will be on sale at stalls on site throughout the day
- There will be licensed areas within the event site
- Market stalls and activities throughout the day
- Be sun smart: wear sunscreen and a hat and drink plenty of water
- No glass
- No pets
- No pegging into the ground or reserving of unattended areas
- No high chairs or beach umbrellas
- No plastic sheeting or ice on the grass as this kills the lawns
- Visit parracity.nsw.gov.au for information on Parramatta restaurants and other amenities